The General Data Protection Regulation
Personal information I collect:
- Preferred contact number
- Email address
- Skype address
- Client expectation from the sessions
How I store the information:
Handwritten notes pertaining to sessional content and personal details are kept separate in a locked cabinet.
Smart phone: My smart phone is locked and is only accessible using a password. I do not store your contact number.
Email/Texts: Email addresses are stored in my email account. Text messages are only assigned to numbers not names.
Website: No personal information is stored on my website other than to momentarily collect and send enquiries to my email account for initial contact purposes.
Third party websites: Clients may find content on my website, Twitter account, LinkedIn page or Facebook page that links to the sites of other third parties. I do not control these sites which have a link to mine and I am not responsible for how they collect, store or use information.
- Contract/Agreement form (client is issued with a copy at commencement of coaching/consultancy and a copy is held by myself for reference).
- Privacy statement signed by client (client is issued with a copy at commencement of sessions and a copy is held by myself for reference).
- Client sessional notes/action plans, kept for 7 years to comply with insurance policy terms.
How I may share your personal information:
- Supervision: I occasionally attend supervision sessions to ensure my practice remains safe and ethical. Session details and clients codes may be shared with my Supervisor.
- Emergencies: If your health is in jeopardy, I may share your details with a healthcare service such as your GP or Mental Health Crisis Team.
- Risks: If I deem that you may be at risk or a risk to others, I may share your details with the Police/Social Workers.
Erasing your information: All electronic enquiries are erased after 3 months. All texts and contact numbers are erased 3 months following the cessation of sessions.
I hold your written information for up to 7 years following the cessation of therapy. This is so I have a reference should you decide to return to work with me in the future, as well as for insurance purposes.
- Right to Access: You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information, free of charge, in an electronic or paper format. You also have the right to ask me to amend or change any incorrect information about you.
- Right to be Forgotten: You have the right to ask me to erase any information that I hold about you. This includes your personal information that is no longer relevant to original purposes, or if you wish to withdraw consent. In all cases and when considering such requests, these rights are obligatory unless it’s information that I have a legal obligation to retain.
- Data Portability: As the client, you have the right to receive your personal information which you previously provided, also you have the right to transfer that information to another party for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GPDR) 2018, the data “controller” is June Gamble (Life and Business Coach).